Innovative potential of AI, and especially today’s machine learning systems, is in its self-learning and self-improving capability without human interaction. Digital assistants like Siri, Cortana and Echo are just some examples of A.I. that we already use. But A.I. goes far beyond that.
Artificial intelligence is innovative technology that will have enormous economic and social effect like all other revolutionizing technologies in the past (steam engine, electricity, internal combustion engine).
The reason that AI is so big change gamer is its ability to learn autonomously without human interference and explicit instructions. Many things that we as human species know and do, can’t be easily explained and automated. For example, facial recognition, ability to speak a language, and skills in general. Tacit knowledge (know-how, skills, and experiences) is very difficult to verbalize and transfer to another person, let alone to automate and improve upon.
Artificial Intelligence in Business
But how do you develop and integrate artificial intelligence in business innovation? Is it really an opportunity to grow exponentially? Or does it represent a latent threat that would interfere with the lifestyle of the people?
When we talk about artificial intelligence in business, we refer to an incredible range of innovation that can be used for its growth, such as:
• Improve productivity
• Carry out marketing strategies
• Identify trends in the market
• Optimize process management
• Improve customer service
• Improve product quality
Now, the interesting thing is that, regardless of the turning of the company or business, artificial intelligence can help in different fields, for example:
• Tools like Google Analytics allows you to have a complete study of the traffic of a website and how users interact with it
• In medicine, it is widely used to save and generate complex studies and reports which facilitate the work of doctors
• Business Intelligence uses artificial intelligence to make decisions within the business
• In transport, it makes a significant improvement with autonomous automobiles, both in pedestrian and driver care
Likewise, its use can be found in everyday situations, such as finding the most optimal route to reach a destination. It is obvious that artificial intelligence can represent a great benefit for humanity.
On the other hand, artificial intelligence might represent a great risk to the lifestyle of people, starting with those companies or governmental institutions that would use a series of illicit actions to gain competitive advantage, enrich themselves or others by increasing their power.
• Several professional careers, as well as jobs, will be replaced by the use of artificial intelligence
• There are legal cases where companies have used AI to access sensitive customer information
• Its use in the military represents a risk if it falls into the wrong hands
Discussing possibly threats from AI, Elon Musk proposed that Artificial Intelligence must be regulated, so it can’t be misused.
Considering all this, we can highlight several questions:
• What are the risks if AI develops the use of war weapons?
• What role will AI play in the world?
• How will it be used in the protection of sensitive data or of the data of complete nations?
Artificial Intelligence Good or Bad?
For good or bad, time and the way that companies use and control Artificial Intelligence as a business innovation, will define its course. Therefore, it should be noted that technology titans such as Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, already have a host of applications and digital assistants guided by Artificial Intelligence. Therefore, its use should be used in the most appropriate way, highlighting the large benefits that this can bring and avoiding its use in war weapons or in the obtaining of sensitive information of the users.